Do you have decided to start a blog on Blogger.com?
But didn’t know how to use blogger.com then you have come to the right place.
In this blog, I’m going to give you the complete guide on How to use blogger.com.
But before this, we must know about the Blogger platform.
According to Wikipedia: Blogger is an American blog-publishing service that allows multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries.
It was developed by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003. The blogs are hosted by Google and generally accessed from a subdomain of blogspot.com.
How to create a blog in Blogger
So to create a blog in Blogger;
Step 1: Go to blogger.com.
Step 2: Now you will be on the home page of the blogger platform.
Click on Create a blog.
Now choose a google account for your blog.
Now choose the name of your blog.
Now choose the URL of your blog.
Now choose the display name i.e the owner’s name. And click on Finish.
Now you have entered in your Blogger Dashboard from where you can handle your whole blog website.
So now, You have successfully created your blog on Blogger.
So let’s start the blogger tutorial + YT Video.
Blogger.com Full Tutorial Youtube Video
So here is the complete Youtube Video on how to use blogger.com (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
How to Use Blogger.com (Step-by-Step)
Blogger platform is actually easy to use because it doesn’t have so many features like WordPress.
That’s the reason the Blogger platform is easy and very simple to use.
So let’s begin;
Posts is a section where all your articles can be created, saved, publish, and edited.
In the posts section, you can easily add a new post, Edit your posts, filter your posts, access to (drafts, published, trashed) posts, etc.
Click on the new post.
Here you can simply create and edit posts, you would get all those features that are required for editing your entire posts.
Moreover, you would find different options like labels (Categories), permalinks, location, schedule published, etc.
Once you have done all these you can publish your posts.
And last you can do simple quick edits like, revert to draft, delete the post, view, etc.
The posts tutorial has been complete now move on to the next.
In the stats menu, you can easily view all the users coming to your site.
You can check all the visitors coming to your site daily, weekly, monthly, lifetime, etc.
Moreover, you can also track your visitors according to the latest posts you publish, pages, individual posts, etc.
The drawbacks of this inbuild analytics tool is that;
- It tracks every visitors coming to your website bots, internal traffic, so on.
- You can’t track the users’ behaviour within the website, average time spend on website, conversion, etc.
That’s why every blogger.com users use Google Analytics or a different analytics tool to measure their website users.
Announcement: I will soon upload the latest Video+Blog to set up Google Analytics for the blogger.com website.
So make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel to get the latest video.
Or Subscribe to our blog to get an email newsletter.
In the comments menu, you can simply view all the comments made by your blog’s visitors.
You can edit, reply, spam the comments accordingly.
Moreover, you can also apply the filter to see the comments that don’t have any reply, awaiting moderation, spam, etc.
In the earning section, you can simply connect your Google Adsense by applying for Google Adsense approval.
For doing this you can simply click on Connect Adsense then create your Adsense account and send it for approval.
We’ll talk about Google Adsense in the upcoming blog.
So we move on to the next.
In the Pages section, you can easily add a new page, quickly edit your pages, filter your pages, access to (drafts, published, trashed) pages, etc.
Click on the new page.
Here you can simply create and edit pages, you would get all those features that are required for editing your entire page.
Moreover, you would find only one option where you can edit whether to allow comments on pages or not.
Once you have done all these you can publish your pages.
And last you can do simple quick edits like, revert to draft, delete the page, view, etc.
Now move on to the next.
The layout is a section where you can edit your website’s elements through drag and drop.
You can easily move most of the elements like subscription boxes, posts, featured images, headers, labels, pages, Ads, etc.
Moreover, you can add a gadget (elements) into the desired area of your website.
Just click on Add a gadget on your desired location, select a gadget, and do few settings as required.
Even if you want to customize more you can simply click on the link ‘Theme Designer’ which is just above the layout page.
And there you can find few more options to customize.
Now we move on to the next.
In the Theme section, you can choose the desired theme of your want.
If you want to take a backup of your site you can simply click on backup and then on Download. The backup will be stored on your device.
Now if you want to restore your Theme click on restore and then on uploads.
Select the file from the device then the restoration process will also get completed.
If you are a coder and want to do any type of settings on your theme, you can simply click on Edit HTML.
Here you will find the HTML code of your theme now do whatever settings you want.
So we have complete the Theme section tutorial.
So we must move on to the last tutorial ‘Blogger Settings’.
Settings are the most essential section of your blog.
Any type of settings you required can be done here.
- You can change your Title of your blog
- You can add or change a description of your blog
- You can choose your blog language for better search results
- You can do settings regrading Adult content
- You can add Google Analytics property ID e.g. UA-90XXX87XX
- You can also create your own Favicon
- You can change your blog address e.g. from techmbe.blogspot.com to techyatra.blogspot.com
- You can add your own custom domain like; techmbe.com, techmbe.in, etc
- You can also enable or disable HTTPS (Note: always enable HTTPS redirects)
- You can edit your blog authors
- You can edit list of pending invites of blog authors list
- You can send invites to authors via. email address
- You can edit the reader access to public, or only authors, or custom readers
- You can select the maximum no. of post you want on your home page
- You can enable or disable image lightbox, and ideas panel according to your needs
- You can select your comment location by keeping it embeded, Full page, Pop up window or Hide
- You can choose who can comment on your site
- You can also select comment moderation
- You can enable or disable comment captcha
- You can create a small message for the readers that would be shown before they comment
- You can also do few settings regarding Email
- You can choose the time zone, date & formatting of your blog
- You can also select a timestamp format and comment timestamp format
- You can write a meta tag of your website that would be visible on the search results
- You can edit custom 404, and custom 404 redirects
- You can also de few settings regrading crawler & indexing
- You must enable Enable custom ads.txt that indicate your site to wnats to show Ads
Now you can click on the view blog URL that directly sends you to your site.
So we finally completed our Blogger.com tutorial.
So finally we have completed our guide on How to use Blogger.com (Step-by-Step tutorial)
I hope you have understood how to use Blogger.com using this Blogger.com full tutorial for beginners.
We have actually covered;
- How to create Blogger.com account
You can also check out our blog on How to use WordPress Properly? [WordPress Full tutorial]
I hope you have understood everything about ‘How to use Blogger.com’ if you found any doubts do mention me in the comment section. I’ll surely reply to you.
See you in the next blog, Bye Bye…