Creating a perfect website is a responsibility for its owners and most of the time beginners always create some error to deliver a perfect website because they were not known of such hidden technicalities.
Even blogger.com is also one of the easiest platforms for beginner bloggers to use.
If you haven’t check out the video on ‘how to use blogger.com‘ then go watch the complete YouTube Video on how to use blogger.com (100% Easy Tutorial).
So now after the Blogger.com Tutorial, I’m here to give you the complete guide on how to create a blog on Blogger.com (Step-by-Step full Website Setup).
So let’s get started.
How to create a blog on Blogger.com
So to create a blog in Blogger;
Step 1: Go to blogger.com.
Step 2: Now you will be on the home page of the blogger platform.
Click on Create a blog.
Now choose a google account for your blog.
Now choose the name of your blog.
Now choose the URL of your blog.
Now choose the display name i.e the owner’s name. And click on Finish.
Now you have entered in your Blogger Dashboard from where you can handle your whole blog website.
So now, You have successfully created your blog on Blogger.
So let’s start the Blogger Website Setup + YT Video.
Blogger Website Full Setup Youtube Video
How to Setup Blogger Website
Generally, this whole setup Tutorial is based on few specific areas which is important for your website;
- Creating Pages
- Theme & Layout
So I hope you understood what will be covered in this video.
So let’s start the Tutorial.
So here I’m mentioning some important pages required for your website;
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Terms & Conditions
- Links Policy
- Refund Policy (If you sell Product or services)
- Affiliate Disclosure (If you promote Affiliate Products)
Click on the new page.
Here you can simply create and edit pages, you would get all those features that are required for editing your entire page.
Moreover, you would find only one option where you can edit whether to allow comments on pages or not.
So name the page About or give the name of the page you want to create and then write some paragraphs that are related to the Title.
Once you have done all these you can publish your pages.
Now move on to the next.
Themes and Layout
Once you did that your next setup procedure is to add a Professional Theme to your website.
So for this, you need to download a free theme from a website.
These are few websites from where you can download a free professional Theme;
Now, click on the Theme section -> click on the drop-down arrow on the Orange button -> click on Restore -> click on Upload -> Select the theme file from the device.
The theme will get activated on your website.
Once you do that click on Layout Section.
The layout is a section where you can edit your website’s elements through drag and drop.
You can easily move most of the elements like subscription boxes, posts, featured images, headers, labels, pages, Ads, etc.
Moreover, you can add a gadget (elements) into the desired area of your website.
Just click on Add a gadget on your desired location, select a gadget, and do few settings as required.
Even if you want to customize more you can simply click on the link ‘Theme Designer’ which is just above the layout page.
And there you can find few more options to customize.
Now we move on to the next.
Settings are the most essential section of your blog.
Any type of settings you required can be done here.
- Add Title of your blog
- Write a description of your blog
- Choose your blog language for better search results
- Do Settings regrading Adult content
- Add Google Analytics property ID e.g. UA-90XXX87XX
- Create your own Favicon
- You can change your blog address e.g. from techmbe.blogspot.com to techyatra.blogspot.com
- You can add your own custom domain like; techmbe.com, techmbe.in, etc
- Enable HTTPS (Note: always enable HTTPS redirects)
- You can edit your blog authors
- You can edit list of pending invites of blog authors list
- You can send invites to authors via. email address
- You can edit the reader access to public, or only authors, or custom readers
- Select the maximum no. of post you want on your home page
- Enable or disable image lightbox, and ideas panel according to your needs
- Select your comment location by keeping it embeded, Full page, Pop up window or Hide
- Choose who can comment on your site
- Select comment moderation
- You can enable or disable comment captcha
- Create a small message for the readers that would be shown before they comment
- You can also do few settings regarding Email
- You can choose the time zone, date & formatting of your blog
- You can also select a timestamp format and comment timestamp format
- Write a meta tag of your website that would be visible on the search results
- You can edit custom 404, and custom 404 redirects
- Do few settings regrading crawler & indexing
In the crawler and indexing;
Enable custom robots.txt; Go to labnol.org -> Copy your website URL and paste it on the ‘blogger link here’ under ‘Generate XML Sitemaps for Blogger’ heading -> Click Generate Sitemap -> Copy the code and click on Custom robots.txt -> Paste the Code and click save.
Now Enable custom robots header tags, and follow the instruction I cover;
Click on Home Page Tags and Enable: all and noodp.
Click on Archive and search page tags and Enable: noindex and noodp.
Click on Post and page tags and Enable: all and noodp.
- Enable Enable custom ads.txt that indicate your site to wnats to show Ads
So we finally completed our Blogger website Full-setup.
So after this long setup journey, we have successfully created a website using Blogger along with its complete setup.
In this setup Journey we have covered;
- How to create a blog on blogger.com
- How to setup Blogger website;
- Creating Pages
- Themes and Layouts’
I hope you have understood everything about ‘How to create a blog on blogger (Step-by-Step Setup Tutorial)’ if you found any doubts do mention me in the comment section. I’ll surely reply to you.
See you in the next blog, Bye Bye…