Creating a perfect website is a responsibility for its owners and most of the time beginners always creates an error to deliver a perfect website because they were not known of many technicalities.
The reason I’m here again to give you the complete guide on how you can create your perfect website from scratch using Hostinger.
Lots of detail was discussed here which you wouldn’t found anywhere so I insist you follow this blog till the last part so that you never fail to deliver a perfect website anytime.
Before moving to our main content of this blog on how to create a website in Hostinger. We must buy one of the hosting plans from hostinger.
How to buy hosting from Hostinger
I recommend a beginner to start with hostinger shared hosting, here are the steps to buy hostinger shared hosting;
Step 1 – Go to the hostinger official website ‘hostinger.in’.
Step 2 – Click on hosting on the menu bar and select shared web hosting.
Step 3 – Once you click on shared web hosting you will be entered into a new page where you have to choose one from among three hosting plans. I have selected the Premium Web hosting plan by clicking on ‘Add to cart’.
Step 4 – After you select one of the web hosting plans you will be sent to the cart section where you have to focus on these things;
- Duration of plan i.e 1 month, 12 months, 24 months, and 48 months, I would recommend selecting 12 months plan.
- Add-ons with their plan like; free SSL Certificate.
- Eligible for the free domain; Choose or skip for now it’s your choice.
- Bonus: you would get an extra 10% off by applying coupon code: MRVYAS or INTELLECTUALINDIES.
- When you click on checkout now, you will be redirected to create an account in hostinger ‘create an account by signing in with Google, it will be more convenient’.
Step 5 – After following step 4 you have to choose the payment option as of me I have selected UPI, then I have filled in all the related information which asked there and select continue with payment.
Step 6 – After doing all this you will be redirected to a new tab where you will pay the amount according to the plan you select, just after doing all the payment process a confirmation email will be sent to you on your email.
By following all of these steps; congratulations! you have successfully bought an hosting.
How to create a website in Hostinger
Setting up a website is a 15 minutes process which is very easy if you follow all the steps sincerely.
In this complete tutorial of ‘set up a website’ it is divided into four major categories.
- How to create a website in Hostinger and install WordPress
- How to install Plugins for your Blog website
- How to install and customize the theme for your website
- How to create pages for your website
Firstly, we will start with creating website in hostinger and installing WordPress
Here are the steps to create a website in Hostinger.
How to create a website in Hostinger and install WordPress
Here are the steps to setup a website in Hostinger.
Step 1 – Once you Log in to your hostinger h-panel
- Fig: 1 click on Start Now,
- Then, in Fig; 2 you would get three option, as you have bought premium hosting you would be eligible to get free hosting, select choose a free domain
- Once you click on the button, in Fig: 3, Fig: 4, you would get an option to search for your preferred domain name, if your preferred domain name is available you would get an option ‘Continue’ click on it.
Step 2 – Once you setup your domain;
- Select Build a website in Fig: 1
- In Fig: 2 you will be asked whether you have experience in building a website or it’s your first time, Choose, no it’s my first time
- Then select WordPress in Fig: 3; Now
- Once you select WordPress, you will be asked to select an email and password for your WordPress account in Fig: 4, which is required at the time of logging into your WordPress dashboard. so choose wisely, and don’t forget the email and password you will enter here.
- Once doing that, you have to choose a template for your website in Fig: 5, choose any of the templates you want, drag the pointer towards that template, and click select.
Step 3 – Once you select your theme, you will have to configure your website location in Fig: 1, which is default Europe (United Kingdom)
- Click on the change button in Fig: 1
- Choose and Select in Fig: 2 and Fig: 3 the preferred location from among the four (choose the location which is closest to you).
- Once selecting the website location, summarize all the set up you have done so far in Fig: 4, and click finish set up
Step 4 – After finishing your Set up, you will be asked to Finish the Registration of your Domain in Fig: 1 and Fig: 2. Fill in all the required fields and select Finish registration.
Step 5 – After the setup is done you have to install a free SSL Certificate.
- Click on manage site in Fig: 1
- On the menu bar, you would get the SSL menu in Fig: 2 click it
- Click Setup on the yellow button in Fig: 2, and
- Click Install SSL in Fig: 3
- It may happen that the SSL Certificate fails to install just because your domain setup has not completed yet, it took 2-3 hours, so try to install the SSL after 2-3 hours
Step 6 – After all the setup was done, Select new tab of your browser,
- Enter your domain name and give /wp-admin, like this ‘www.yourdomainname/wp-admin‘
- Once you enter into the WordPress login panel in Fig: 1, you have to log in to your WordPress dashboard, fill the username and password which you have created in Step 2 Fig: 4
- This is how your dashboard looks like in Fig: 2
Congratulations! you have successfully created a website using hostinger.
How to install plugins on WordPress
After Installing WordPress you required to install & activate certain plugins, which is important for your website to have it.
Here is the list of important plugins I use and definitely recommend.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages – for boosting site speed on the mobile version.
- Convertful – for an email subscription.
- Broken Link Checker– for identifying broken links of your website.
- Easy Table of Contents
- Jetpack by WordPress.com– to use powerful features.
- Ninja Forms – for creating forms on your website.
- Rank Math SEO – all in one SEO tool.
- Smush – reduce the image file size which takes ages to load.
- Sucuri Security– for auditing, malware, and hardening.
- UpdraftPlus – for backup/restore
- W3 Total Cache – for improving the speed and performance of a website.
Here are the steps to install a WordPress plugins.
Step 1 – Drag your mouse towards Plugins and select Add New.
Step 2 – After clicking Add New a list of plugins will appear on the screen, you have three options either;
- Upload plugins from your device, or
- A menu section is appeared like; featured, popular, recommended, etc, or
- you can search for a plugin by typing its name or its function.
Step 3 – Now select a plugin of your choice and click install, as of me I’m installing the Akismet Anti-spam plugin.
Step 4 – After a plugin gets installed click on Activate, the plugin which you have installed get activated within a few seconds.
Step 5 – After the plugin gets installed it will send you to its Set-up page where you have to do its basic setting. After doing all such settings, drag your mouse pointer towards plugins and select installed plugins in Fig: 1 and Fig: 2. Now you would get access to all your plugin which you have installed.
In the same way install all the plugins which I have recommended above.
How to install a good theme for your website
After installing your plugins, your next step is to select an attractive theme for your website
Here are the steps for doing so;
Step 1 – Drag your pointer towards Appearance and select Themes.
Step 2 – After you select Themes option click on Add New.
Step 3 – After selecting Add New, you would get two options either uploading your theme from your device by clicking on Upload Theme or you would get a list of popular themes or you can search for a specific theme through a search box.
Step 4 – After selecting an attractive theme ‘as of me I have selected Harrison theme’ Click on Install and at the same place where you clicked install, you would get the ‘Activate button’ activate it.
Step 5 – After you install and activate your theme, it will send you to customization, customize your website, It’s up to you how you will design it. You can get lots of customization options in the left sidebar.
Step 6 – After doing all the customization you can click on publish option, your all the changes would save and your website will go live with a new theme.
If you have installed WordPress, installed plugins, and customized websites in a great way, then it is the best time to move on to the last step.
How to create a page of a website.
Here are the following step to create about page;
Step 1 – Drag the pointer towards pages present on the left sidebar of the WordPress dashboard and then select All pages.
Step 2 – After going to the Pages section, select Add New option.
Step 3 – After selecting Add new a edit section will appear, where you can add title as you can see in the picture and a writing text block will appeared on the screen. so start writing about yourself, about your company and your goals to start your blog website.
Step 4 – After writing your About page you can see a Publish button on upper right hand side. Publish it.
Just like this way you create all the pages on your site.
The must have pages for your website is;
- About Us
- Terms and Conditions
- Links policy
Create all these mandatary pages and display these pages on your website through making a menu, or sidebar, or footer, as per your choice.
So after this long setup journey, we have successfully created a website using Hostinger along with it’s complete setup.
I hope you have understood everything about ‘create a website in Hostinger and its setup’ if you found any doubts do mention me in the comment section. I’ll surely reply to you.
See you in the next blog, Bye Bye..